THE ACES AND No One Rides For Free »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action

I’ve always had a few pipe dreams and today I made one happen. I’ve always had some sort of interest in doing film / acting. Not theater but film or video. Today I was cast in a winery training video and I’ve got to say it was pretty fun. I was very nervous and almost backed out at the last minute. But then I thought, you know what I’m bigger than this and jumped right in. Not only did my fears go away quickly, but I made it a point to step up and introduce myself to the other cast members too. Normally I’ve always been somewhat shy around people especially when not on stage, but I felt I made personal steps today to better my career and allow me to get over the fear of failure. The scene was pretty easy, no lines or anything. Just stand with another actor and enjoy wine and speak with the guy pooring the wine. The whole shoot took about 3 ½ hours, got paid and a light lunch. Plus I got done in time to pick up my daughter from school. I think I’m going to pursue this more. I need something to help supplement my music career you know !